The Board of Directors of NMS Group S.p.A has approved today the company’s annual financial report, including the consolidated financial statements of the Group as of 31 December 2021.
“2021 was a challenging yet rewarding year for our Group. As we firmly believe in our mission to discover and develop life-changing molecules to patients, we are determined to relentlessly invest in time and resources in our five clinical assets (NMS-293 PARP/ NMS-088 FLP3/ NMS-153 MPS1/ NMS-812 PERK/ NMS-173 IDH1). We’ve set up the basis for a seamless collaboration with our new majority shareholder PAG, a leading Asia-Pacific focused alternative investment firm. PAG firmly believes in what we do and pledges to take our growth to the next level together. With our investors’ full support, we have embarked an important transformation process to increase our performance. We have seen very positive changes at all levels, and we are convinced that we will deliver values to our new shareholder as well as to the patient population going forward,” commented Barbara Marenco, CFO of NMS Group.
Key figures in 2021
- Cash position: cash and cash equivalent were €24.5 million as of 31 December 2021, compared to €35.6 million in 2020.
- Consolidated revenue was €40.2 million compared to €48.3 million in 2020. The difference was driven by the extraordinary milestone payment obtained in 2020.
- Nerviano Medical Sciences Srl (biotech company) confirmed the growth from the royalty streams of the two out-licensed products from €6 million in 2020 to over €10 million in 2021, with an investment of €27 millions in 2021 in our pipeline, approaching 70% of the consolidated revenue.
- Accelera Srl (CRO) and NerPharMa (CDMO/CMO) confirmed their growth trends, reaching respectively in 2021 €16 million of revenues (€13 million in 2020) and circa €10 million (€8.9 million in 2020).
- Operative costs were just over €62.6 million compared to €55.6 million in 2020, representing the strong investment the group committed in oncology pipeline and in supporting CRO and CDMO activities.
- Net loss: €28.3 million compared to €17.7 million in 2020
Outlook for 2022
With all the transformation activities initiated in 2022, we expect to see improvements across our 4 strategic dimensions: Financial, People, Transformation and Compliance.
20220629-NMS Group Approval FS2021-Final